Tuesday, January 8, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Happy New Year to everyone! It has been a long while since I posted any notes here and I am sorry but have been very busy and not feeling my best. I am however, feeling great now and ready to get back to writing! Christmas was wonderful - I had a great visit with my Dad who was here from Georgia! It was so good to see him and we hope that he can come and see us at least one more time before traveling would be too difficult for him, although he is still going strong at 78 and working driving a dump truck!

This year I made several scrap related gifts that went over like gangbusters! I made my Mom & Dad both a 2008 Scrapbook Calendar and they loved them! I couldn't have given them anything better they said, so, don't count short any project that you make as insignificant or less than something that you might buy - memories are priceless!

I also made my son an Exploding Scrapbook Box. I used four layers of coordinating patterned cardstock so did not have a lot of stamping to do--just a few places. It turned out marvelously and he cried when he got it. I had put in a lot of pictures from when he was a baby and as he grew and also incorporated some of his friends and family from the present! It was so cool to see his reaction and to see how much his friends thought of his gift too! Scraping is so much fun and very relaxing to me and so emotionally rewarding -- I can't begin to tell you how much their joy and appreciation meant to me!

Our new year of scraping events and workshops starts this month with a Crop-Away-Weekend, January 18-20th, then our regular workshop on January 26th. Don't forget our special workshop on Febuary 9th with "Close To My Heart" and Rene Robertson -- you are going to love her! (Cost for workshop is $10).

BE PREPARED -- to have lots of fun this year with our addicting habit!!

No comments: